Best Beet Root Powder Supplements
Beets pack a powerful punch with their distinctive “earthy” flavor and deep red pigmentation. Supplements derived from the vegetable have exploded in popularity in recent years as science unravels the numerous benefits of dietary nitrates.
Naturally, many people question whether these supplements are a match for raw beets. This leads us to an important point — there is no reason to switch to a supplement if you already enjoy preparing and consuming whole beets.
Nevertheless, convenience, taste, and standardization of nitrate content are a few of the factors that drive interest in supplements. Therefore, we put this buyer’s guide together for consumers wondering which brand of supplement or variety of beet powder offers the best results and best value for money.
Double Wood Supplements Beet Root
- SUPPORTS CARDIOVASCULAR HEALTH – Beet Root improves nitric oxide production aiding in circulation and supporting heart health.
- PROMOTES ATHLETIC PERFORMANCE – Beet Root has been shown to promote athletic performance by improving circulation and reducing blood pressure.
- PROMOTES WORKOUT RECOVERY – Beet Root’s ability to support circulation allows it to promote faster recovery from exercise.
- MADE IN THE USA – Our Beet Root supplement is manufactured right here in the USA at an FDA cGMP certified facility.
Beets are a popular root vegetable found in many different cuisines around the world and have a high density of vitamins, minerals, and various other plant compounds which have a beneficial impact on health. Of particular interest is the high concentration of nitrates in beets, which are converted into nitric oxide, a molecule which dilates blood vessels thus promoting improved circulation.
Our Beet Root supplement is prepared from powdered beet roots and is mainly used to support cardiovascular health, athletic performance, and workout recovery due to its ability to increase nitric oxide levels.
For general cardiovascular support, the recommended dosage of Beet Root is 1000 mg – 2000 mg (2 – 4 capsules) per day taken with food. If using Beet Root to support athletic performance or endurance, a higher dose of 3000 mg – 4000 mg can be taken about an hour prior to exercise. It’s typically not recommended to exceed a dosage of 5000 mg per day.
Organic Pure Beet Root Powder
PureBeets | 100% Organic Pure Beet Root Powder | Best Value Beetroot Nitric Oxide Supplement | Beets Support Faster Recovery & Total Body Health – Viva Deo (17.5 oz, 78 Servings)
- BEST VALUE for YOUR BODY & WALLET: SAVE MONEY OVER BEET ROOT JUICE, 83% LOWER CARBS, 86% FEWER CALORIES: You’ve heard it before; to experience total body health and VO2MAX, eat your beets! Still, it costs $4.28 for the 2 pounds (6 beets) required to make a single glass of juice. We knew there had to be a better way so we put our nutritional genius to work and created a naturally low-carb, low-calorie beet root powder supplement…for less than 35 cents per serving.
- MOST VERSATILE – ADD NUTRITION TO ANYTHING! PureBeets will save you a ton of money and a ton of time juicing. This super-fine powder BOLSTERS NUTRITION at EVERY MEAL, BLENDING PERFECTLY with water or your favorite beverage WITHOUT CLUMPING, plus ADDING NATURAL FOOD COLORING; BRIGHTER FLAVORS to your salad, cereal, toast, sauces, yogurt, ice cream and baked goods.
- 100% PURE – HIT VO2 MAX & EMPOWER OPTIMAL HEALTH: Of course athletes love how quickly our beet powder helps them hit VO2 MAX, yet STUDIES SHOW beets contain POWERFUL HEALTH ENHANCING PROPERTIES that potentially support decreased inflammation, increased energy, detoxing, increased stamina, promote healthy blood pressure, support healthy liver function, aid iron uptake, open blood vessels, and enhance sexual libido.
- INCREASED ENERGY! Customer’s have said they’ve had higher energy levels after using this BEET POWDER, and we hope it will do the same for you.
- LOVE YOUR BEETS POWDER or YOUR MONEY BACK: If you’ve passed on other beet root powders because you didn’t like the taste, try ours! Our process leaves the naturally sweet taste of beets intact, without the ‘earthy’ flavor health-conscious people would rather live without. So go ahead, try it risk free for 30 days when you add it to your cart now – you’ll feel 100% satisfied with your purchase or simply contact us for a prompt refund.
100% ORGANIC, BEET ROOT POWDER (not beet juice powder) – GET ALL THE BENEFITS OF BEETS SUPERFOOD HEALTH PROPERTIES WITHOUT THE STEEP COST!
While it is important to remember that your body may take more or less time to start seeing benefits, based on your current level of health, it is exciting to realize that Medical Studies and anecdotal evidence show beets are THE SUPERFOOD to start adding to your diet today because the powerful properties that:
- Support decreased inflammation for a happier, healthier gut!
- Maintains proper cardiovascular health – even opens up blood vessels for greater total-body oxygenation and supports normal blood pressure.
- Promote increased energy, stamina & endurance – move faster and finally have the energy you need to exercise
- Aid in detoxification – clear out the bad stuff so your body can invest more energy uptaking and using the good stuff
- Support Optimal Brain Function – Help ward off brain degenerative related symptoms
- Enhance sexual libido – do you really need another reason?
- And more
Best Value For Money: BulkSupplements Beet Powder
3.52 Ounce (Pack of 1) – $10.96 ($3.10 / Ounce)
8.82 Ounce (Pack of 1) – $16.96 ($1.93 / Ounce)
17.64 Ounce (Pack of 1) – $24.96 ($1.41 / Ounce)
35.27 Ounce (Pack of 1) – 3 options from $36.96
35.27 Ounce (Pack of 5) – 1 option from $127.96
- Support cardiovascular and heart health*
- Help boost energy and athletic endurance*
- Support brain and memory health*
- Fortify the immune system*
- Support overall health*
What Is Beet Root Powder?
Beet root powder is from a root vegetable, also known as the garden beet, table beet, red beet, or golden beet. It has edible taproots and leaves that are packed with vitamins, minerals, and antioxidants. Beet root powder has a number of health benefits and is hailed as a superfood.
Beet Root Powder Benefits
Beet root powder may help support cardiovascular health, heart health, healthy blood pressure.* It may also help boost energy and assist with athletic endurance.* Beet root may promote brain health and help boost memory and cognition.* Beet root may help support sexual health and help boost libido.* Beet root is high in antioxidants, especially Alpha Lipoic Acid, and may help fortify the immune system and support overall health.*
Manufactured to cGMP Standards
Dietary Supplement Current Good Manufacturing Practice (cGMP) FDA 21 CFR Part 111. Our products are manufactured according to cGMP Standards to ensure the highest quality for manufacturing, packaging, labeling, and holding operations.
We’ve made a significant investment in our in-house lab so we can test our products at multiple stages during production. We’re one of the few manufacturers that have this kind of in-house testing capability.
Third Party Tested
We third party test products, procedures and equipment when required to ensure compliance, standards and consistency
*Always consult your health care provider before taking any supplements. Pregnant or lactating women, people with existing medical conditions,
or people taking medications should consult their health care provider/s before taking any dietary supplement. If you experience any adverse
condition after taking this dietary supplement, discontinue use immediately andconsult your health care provider. Keep out of reach of children.
Beet Root Powder (Beta vulgaris) (root)
As a dietary supplement, take 3500 mg (1/2 tbsp) once or twice daily or as directed by a physician.
* These statements have not been evaluated by the Food and Drug Administration. This product is not intended to diagnose,
treat, cure or prevent any disease.
Statements regarding dietary supplements have not been evaluated by the FDA and are not intended to diagnose, treat,
cure, or prevent any disease or health condition.
What Is Beet Powder?
As we pointed out in our review of the SuperBeets brand, beet powder is harvested from dried beets. This process eliminates the “bulk” of the vegetable, which in its raw form is composed mainly of water and carbohydrates (from sugar and fiber).
Beet concentrates are typically obtained by cold-pressing raw beets. The juice is then dehydrated and shipped as powder. These products are typically consumed with water.
Beet-based supplements have surged in popularity over recent years. Initial interest in beets centered on the role of dietary nitrates in vascular health. However, more lately beets have been touted as an athletic aid and energy booster.
Consumers have turned to supplements primarily for reasons of taste and practicality. Many beet powders contain flavorings and/or sweeteners to enhance the flavor profile of the product. Stevia is one ingredient commonly used as a substitute for sugar.
Of course, consuming raw beets does carry certain advantages over beet supplements. First (and most obviously), beets purchased from a grocery store are likely to be cheaper. However, whole beets are also an excellent source of fiber.
Beets and beet juice are also sources of folate, vitamin C, potassium, and manganese. The deep red coloration of beets comes as a result of betalain pigments. These compounds have strong antioxidant and anti-inflammatory activity.
What Are Beet “Crystals”?
Some manufacturers refer to their beet powders as “concentrated beet crystals.” Finely powdered beet supplements may mix more easily with water and tend to “clump” less.
However, “beet crystals” is mainly deployed as a marketing term. Most of the leading beet juice concentrates on the market offer finely granulated powders.
What About Side Effects?
Beet supplements are unlikely to cause significant side effects when taken at recommended levels. However, you should take the time to discuss your plans with a doctor before starting any new supplement.
Beets contain reasonably high levels of oxalates, which may exacerbate the formation of kidney stones in certain individuals. People who suffer from gout sometimes notice flare-ups occurring more commonly when they consume oxalate-rich foods.
Beets can also cause beeturia in some people. You may notice that urine and other waste are passed with a distinctive reddish color. However, this should not be a reason for concern.
What Are The Benefits of Beet Powder?
Nitrates are compounds naturally present in many different foods, including beets, cress, celery, and lettuce. In the body, nitrates are converted to nitric oxide. In turn, nitric oxide acts as a vasodilator.
By dilating blood vessels, nitric oxide can improve blood circulation and reduce blood pressure in some individuals .
First of all, beet supplements should not be used as a substitute for regular medication.
In some studies, high-nitrate beet juice does not lower blood pressure in specific populations. In particular, people already being treated with blood pressure medication and people with type 2 diabetes .
However, a review published in the Journal of Nutrition concluded that beet juice consumption does reduce systolic blood pressure overall .
This is the pressure exerted on blood vessels as the heart beats and forces blood through the arteries.
Beet juice has gained popularity as an energy booster and even as an athletic aid. Several studies have investigated the performance-boosting potential of beets and high nitrate foods.
Amateur athletes consuming 490ml of beet juice saw a 4.2% improvement in performance in a sprinting test .
Meanwhile, older adults showed improvements in exercise capability after 3 days of consuming a nitrate-rich concentrated beet juice .
Furthermore, one study showed that physically active men may have increased exercise endurance after 6 days of consuming 500ml of beet juice .